The Office for National Statistics has several different public-facing websites where they publish statistics for Government departments. Between 2010 and 2017 Landmark managed the complex operations of these web-sites to high levels of availability, performance and security. We met 100% of Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements during this contract.
The publication of key national statistics – for example newsworthy data such as retail price indices, employment data and economic growth, at a precise day and time was managed mutually by ONS and Landmark to strict security protocols.
To service the requirements Landmark designed, built and operated a fully resilient server infrastructure, with no single points of failure. Based on a VMware virtualised environment architecture, utilising a resilient SAN (Storage Area Network) infrastructure, this platform was capable of reliably serving statistical data under very heavy loads, ensuring that the information was always available to the general public (a requirement at the core of the ONS service).
The service operated from Landmark Tier 3+ TIA942-compliant Data Centre environments and was linked to several ONS sites by secure high-speed communication circuits.
Landmark successfully managed the complex transition process to tight deadlines and across multiple stakeholders in a multi-supplier environment.
During the operational phase we dealt with very large volumes of change on a day-to-day basis due to rapidly evolving customer requirements
We provided 24x7 operational support
Some Key Elements of the Services Provided
- Web Services
- Fully Managed Hosted Services from Tier 3+ Data Centres and Customer Support
- Complex Systems Transitioning services
- High volumes of operational change
- Multiple supplier environment
- Customer Support Services
- Consultancy, Project and Operations Management
- Improved public-facing window to ONS
- Streamlined operations and reduced costs
- Consistently exceeded SLAs and KPIs
- Successful integration of high levels of operational change
- Successful partnership based on common goals, culture and trust